The Technical Universities Association is a non-profit organization. It aims to:
- join the efforts and initiatives of the members of the Association and implement educational, methodological, scientific, research, cultural, educational and public activities of technical universities;
- represent general interests of the members of the Association in state administration bodies, international organizations;
- coordinate joint activities of technical universities in the areas of socio-economic, scientific, technical, technological and innovative cooperation on the territory of the member states of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The Technical Universities Association is registered as a non-profit organization, which is a voluntary and open association of technical universities.
The Association is a legal entity, it has its own separate property, has an independent balance sheet, settlement and other accounts in credit institutions, including foreign currency, it has its own stamp and letterhead paper and other requisite elements.
The members of the Association retain their independence and the rights of the legal entity.
The objectives of the Association are:
- to implement the policies aimed at joining the efforts of educational institutions, organizations and enterprises, to promote the priority development of continuous engineering and technical university education combining the best traditions of universities, the Russian engineering school and progressive scientific and pedagogical ideas;
- to ensure the cooperation between technical universities in educational, scientific and public spheres of activity, to protect and represent their interests in society, state bodies, governments, public and international organizations;
- to share the experience and best practices, to coordinate and organize the joint work, to improve the educational, methodological, scientific, research, cultural, educational and public activities of technical universities.
The tasks of the Association include:
- innovative development of university technical education;
- formation and maintenance of a uniform level of requirements to the status of a technical university and the content of education;
- provision of international educational, scientific, technical, technological and innovative cooperation, integration into the world educational system and the world scientific community;
- development of a system of continuous vocational education, scientific and methodological support of the quality of multilevel training in technical universities;
- development of research activities of technical universities as leading scientific centers;
- development of the material base and social infrastructure of technical universities.
The governing bodies of the Association are located in Moscow, Russian Federation. Its legal address is: 2nd Baumanskaya Str. 5, bldg. 1, Moscow,105005 Russian Federation.
The Association may have separate subdivisions, branches and representative offices located in other places different from the Association‘s address.
The Association has the following regional branches:
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the North-West Federal District based on Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University;
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the Privolzhsky Federal District based on Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev;
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the Southern Federal District based on Don State Technical University;
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the North Caucasus Federal District based on the North-Caucasus Federal University;
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the Urals Federal District based on the South Ural State University (National Research University);
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the Siberian Federal District based on Novosibirsk State Technical University;
- The branch of the Technical Universities Association in the Far Eastern Federal District based on the Far Eastern Federal University.